Care of Your Riverside Bowl
This bowl will last a life time and can become a family heirloom if you follow a few simple rules:
- The bowl has a food safe finish and you can put anything in it you intend to eat.
- Do not place bowl in the microwave, oven, or refrigerator.
- Wood is tough, but can sometimes be brittle. Avoid dropping or other rough treatment– especially on the more fragile rim of the bowl.
- When finished with your meal, empty the bowl and wipe with a paper towel. Then, wipe with a damp cloth and dry with a dish towel.
- Use mild dish soap and warm water for stubborn items. Dry immediately with a towel.
- Do not soak bowl in water. Dry with a towel after cleaning.
- Do not store with vegetable oil on the wood– it can turn rancid.
- Periodically (every 6-12 months), wipe lightly with mineral oil. Let the oil soak in for a few minutes, and wipe with a towel.